Harvard Yard Child Care Center (HYCCC) is a high quality, non-profit early
education and care program and community of learners that includes
administrators, teachers, children and families.
Based on guiding principles, we create a nurturing environment that supports the
whole child. Demonstration of respectful practices and interactions is a core
value in our program. HYCCC builds connections among community members and
prioritizes professional development of teachers.
These guiding principles are:
- We treat others with respect and care.
- Because development spans a lifetime, we constantly learn, change, and improve our practice.
- We teach with intention.
- We tailor our teaching practice to best meet the needs of our students and families.
- We strive to affect positive changes in the people, environments, and cultures that we touch.
- We value and respect difference within and beyond our community.
- We hold ourselves accountable for the quality and improvement of our practice as teachers, collaborative partners with parents, and as role models to children.
- We are committed to maintaining our own health and well-being as a basis on which our ability to care for children depends.
- Our work is a collaborative effort.